Friday 2 October 2009

Welcoming Guest Rooms

I found some very useful tips on how to decorate a guest room on Martha Stewart's blog. Here are some of them:

Decorate Sparingly
In a strange room, comfort and space are more soothing than a clutter of unfamiliar things. On a bedside table, place a single flower bloom in a simple glass, a nice clock, and a selection of books suited to your guests' tastes. (I like to add a small notebook and a pen)

Bathroom Essentials
If the bathroom is shared, clear space in it for guests' toiletries. Stock it with new toothbrushes and toothpaste, a plush robe, and a supply of clean cotton towels (two large bath towels, two face towels, and a washcloth) for each guest. Supply a few luxuries that one might not find at home: a beautiful soap, an unusual cream, a special shampoo, or a small bottle of perfume or cologne. If your guest has allergies, provide a hypoallergenic soap and moisturizer.

Read full article here.


alternative text
Linda Woodrum found here.


alternative text


alternative text


alternative text



alternative text


alternative text


alternative text


alternative text


alternative text


alternative text



In a large bedroom or small guest cottage, a bistro table and two chairs make a peaceful spot where guests can enjoy tea or breakfast in private before joining in group activities.




Put together a welcome kit for guests, including such necessities as towels, soap, and shampoo. As an added gesture, find products in their favorite scents and colors.


Images via villaanna, countryliving, housebeautiful, coastal living and HGTV.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

7 comments:

  1. that blue in the 2nd pic is just gorgeous - I've never seen a blue so lovely before, maybe its the photography quality - although it does look a little blurry... I'm going to see if I can get that for some walls in my new home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. g'day again kifus, hey do you know where the 2nd pic is from (who styled it), I only ask because I'm using the pic on my blog this week and I just wanted to quote the source (to be fair...) but if you don't know, I'm happy to quote your blog, or leave it as is if you prefer, I'm easy - either way i'm using it because I think it is fabulous!!! thanks luv

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the 2nd to the last photo, I LOVE the chairs!! All of the are gorgeous images!

    By the way, I'm doing my first giveaway on my blog if you're interested!

    http://www.mooreminutes.com/2009/09/pleated-poppy-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. g'day again, I've linked your blog to the copy of the blue walled bedroom on my blog (THANKS LUV!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are my destiny...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Annie! I'm sure the pic is from Coastal Living but of course, now that I'm trying to find it I don't see it anywhere! I really should make a point of posting my sources properly. That'll be my blog resolution from now on!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there Lisa! Thanks for your comment. You have a lovely family! Your three boys are so handsome! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Widget By Devils Workshop